Dating blackface fender amps
The Brownface series was introduced in 1959 and discontinued in 1963.
Copyright 2010, Vintage Guitar Magazine This article updates information from research started in Leo fender began building guitar amps before he started manufacturing guitars.
Here’s something unusual a Gretsch G6136LSB White Falcon Bass dating to November 2011.
They are all very rare today and few have survived.
The first amplifiers made in-house by Fender is the Woodie series, built in 1946 through 1948.
The Brown amplifiers included all of the all-in-one combo amps except the flagship Twin and Vibrasonic, and the little Champ which retained its "tweed" (twill) covering.